Thursday, February 08, 2007

Hey Megan, what's going on with the China program?


Thanks for asking Blogger... not much. A huge hub-bub over the new Chinese restrictions has ensued, with people arguing over who has the right to put these arbitrary restrictions, in place, are they fair? etc. Well it is not my place to say who makes the best parents, and China will not be calling me to ask how I feel about it, so there.

Where are you in the process right now Megan?

Well we are almost to the review room. That is where a rep from the CCAA will take our dossier, look it over and decide if we look good on paper. This is a bit of a nerve wracking time, because the new way they are doing things, is that if they stop to ask you to clarify some information, you get pulled out of line and it can cost you at least a month, to get things worked out and then put back in line again. So, we are biting our nails and are hoping that everything looks okay. Or I should say, I am biting my nails. Chris is playing lumines in front of his HDTV. :)

So Megan, what have you been doing?

Well, Chris and I got back from Hawaii, and we have a bunch of little trips here and there planned throughout the spring. I am going to Germany with my sister Molly in May for 10 days or so (no I don't speak German) , and Chris and I are going to Napa in April, and the group of girls I go to Vegas with are gearing up for a fun weekend in April. The outdoor patio construction is almost done - all we need is the place to put the BBQ. Chris is done with the book that you can pre-order on Amazon, and we are ready to start firing the boat up again. Yes- she made it through the crazy winter weather (quick knock on wood!).

Any progress on nursery themes/ decorations?

Why yes! Because Chris expressed an interest (yea!) on a specific nursery theme, we're going with that. We are doing an "under-the-sea" theme. Not over the top Disney type things, no Arial (sorry Alicia) decorations- but we're sticking to a pacific northwest rocky beach theme. So no tropical fish to be found, or white sand beaches. Maybe some Strongylocentrutus drobachensus, some Picnopodia helianthoides and a scuba diver that may or may not resemble my husband. We'll see...

So why am I still reading your blog, because nothing is really new, and you never post?

Well I am going to start posting more regularly and start a feature called "what did you get for Olivia?" showcasing her cute little wardrobe that I am crossing my fingers will fit her when she comes home. Sigh- comes home. :) She has been getting a monthly gift from my secret pal who is also in the April 06 DTC group- fun stuff! She got her first little Christmas gift this year. Her future husband, Ben Spiegelman, gave her a little white onesie that says "Got rice?" on the front and has a rice cooker on the butt. Cute! You'll just have to wait and see!

Chinese New Year is next weekend! Can't wait to learn some fun new traditions for many years to come.

2 Comments:

At 4:26 PM, Blogger Amy said...

Good to see an update! Best wishes for smooth sailing through this next step in the adoption process. I didn't know you had a name picked out for your little girl! :0)
I'd love to see nursery photos as you start decorating!
Amy

 
At 12:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good post.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home